I had a lot of thoughts running inside me which was normal for like kids my age, but I never had the option or the ground to SPEAK to anyone regarding them. Not even my Childhood friends and Companions. For a majority of my School days even though it seemed as though I was having a Gala time, there were frantic storms inside me every now and then. NOBODY HAD A CLUE!
Awesome Pareting Hacks
I thought that maybe this is how it’s supposed to be, we’re all supposed to FIGURE OUT OURSELVES on our own. Slowly and steady as I built up courage to be more active and voice out my opinions, it became more and more clear to me how a lot of people around me, much like me were also BATTLING with themselves inside.
3 Life Lessons no Books can teach you
As I came more and more in terms with myself, it was obvious how many people confided in me. I formed a deep connect with people and gradually earned enough TRUST for them to open up to me. This also made me realize that I was not that bad at giving Advices too. I started training myself to look at things from a TWO POINT PERSPECTIVE and thus was able to paint them a picture of the other side of the table.
You may have heard a popular quote from the movie ‘Titanic’ – “A woman’s heart is a deep ocean of secrets.”
But in reality I feel this quote is applicable for mankind in general. We all have layers of personality and believe me when I say this; you don’t even know yourself. So for anyone else to know and understand you always is out of question. Once you understand this, things will look far simpler.
Better late than never, the Listener inside me dared to find a voice. It is a fact that if you do not speak for yourself, the world will enjoy your speechlessness. Having said that, now I pledge to continue building that bridge of bravery for myself and others. I vow to do everything in my power to make sure no voices are kept unheard.
How to Find Courage?
WHAT I’VE LEARNT THE HARD WAY :
- Always remember, you are never alone. Your problem is not unique. There are 7.6 Billion people in the world (2018), there’s a fair chance someone somewhere is or has dealt with the same.
- We jump to conclusions at the speed of light. Take a step back and consider speaking to someone before solidifying your decisions.
- Never lose Hope. Everything has a way. Accepting your current situation and coming to terms with the fact that you have to compromise at times, is also a way.
- Be Flexible. Mould yourself to adapt with Change.
- Be very particular about the people you decide to spend your time with. Invest your time with the ones having a winning mindset. You are who you hang out with.
Lastly, take the plunge. Our Time on Earth is Finite. Make every second count!
The journey of Sonali in “The Endless River” has been so beautiful and eye opening so far. The amount of personal growth I have undergone cannot be put into words. Others have benefited along with me as I keep getting your feedbacks every now and then.
Now I’m sharing my Journey in the form of Daily Videos through :
Vlogs + Action & Advice Videos on my YouTube Channel
Valuable 1 min videos on Instagram
My Motive is to take you along this Adventure of Self Discovery.
Fasten your seatbelts, let the ride begin!
” I Appreciate your Time “
– Sonali, The Endless River